Ann Coulter has been one of my favorite villains since Politically Incorrect. I followed her greatest hits like “Lucky Duckies” (people so poor they don't earn enough to have to pay taxes) and saying 9-11 widows reveled in their husbands' deaths. So I was a little starstruck when she came into the Comedy Cellar with Sherrod Small and jumped at the chance to sit in on the recording of her episode of Race Wars. Not just for the gawking factor, I've written before about how much I enjoy the intelligent and nuanced debates they have on Race Wars, so this was going to be a blast.
Coulter was on the show pimping her new book “Adios, America! The Left's Plan to Turn Our Country Into a Third World Hellhole” and I won't give it all away, listen to the episode, but here are a few things I learned from the conversation.
1. Ann Coulter Hates Fatties and the handicapped, premies and folks who carry viruses from the Mayan jungle. She doesn't want to let 'em in because they're a drain on our healthcare system.
2. Ann Coulter Looooves Black People I'm not just saying this because she hangs out with Sherrod, I mean, politically. She repeatedly framed an argument that immigrants are hurting the original American minority by jumping on top of the civil rights gains pioneered by black people. Or, in other words, we shouldn't be nice to these new guys because their great-grandparents didn't pick our cotton for free.
3. Her new buzzwords - “Anchor Baby” and “Peasant” I don't think I've heard the word “peasant” used than many times in an hour since my World History class in high school.
4. Ann Coulter Watches Forensic Files or at least she names dropped them. I might actually buy this book because she said it's full of horrendous crimes committed by immigrants and not charts. And I looove Forensics Files.
5. Ann Coulter Knows More Sikhs/Mexicans/Dominicans/Dutch People Than You Every time Kurt tried to argue a point with “All the Mexicans I know...” Ann Countered with “That's just anecdotal” followed by her own anecdotal story, wrapped up in her international version of everyone's favorite “I can say this because I have black friends”
6. Ann Coulter Is NOT Blindly Loyal to Republicans/Conservatives Look, Ann Coulter is more of a character than a person at this point, but that person (and the incredibly intelligent brain inside her) peeked out when she said corporatist Republicans are contributing to the immigration problem by legalizing or turning a blind eye to the illegal hiring practices of their business donors.