Cut Throat Comedy Hour is a monthly (I think) show at The Cutting Room in Midtown, produced and hosted by Alia Janine. Yes, THE Alia Janine. You may have seen her in a little thing called "porn" before. But now she's done baring her bod and bares her mind instead. And if you think that's odd, you don't understand the incredibly tight relationship between comedy and pornography.
It's a swanky little room and the first two outings have had KILLER lineups. I missed the first one, but here are some fun things I learned from this second one:
- You get a weird little crowd if you're having a show at the same time as city-wide protests
- Krystyna Hutchinson fangirl-ed out on Chris Noth (Big from SATC) when she first moved to town
- Chris Noth owns The Cutting Room
- Kurt Metzger doesn't need cologne because he just exudes the smell of weed at all times
- Paul Virzi really wants to do a Stephen Hawking impression, but can't keep a straight face doing it
- Dotcom (from 30 Rock) has really nice eyes and also, apparently, a big dick but "I'm a big guy, so it's not like it's big compared to me" which makes no sense because no one's vagina cares how tall you are
Follow @CutThroatCmdyHr for upcoming dates & lineups!