Expanding on last year's list of 13 LA Comedians to Follow in 2013, this year's list has one more comedian and has gone bi-coastal. Basically, these are the folks whose tweets I fave on a daily basis and will make your Twitter Feed a much funnier place. So, here you go, in no particular order...
1. Josh Gondelman - This NYC-based comedian with Boston roots basically has no shitty tweets. All winners, every time. Aaaaand, I'm going to sneak in an unofficial fifteenth since he's co-writer of Modern Seinfeld.
Sometimes I wear cargo pants so my backpack doesn't get complacent.— Josh Gondelman (@joshgondelman) January 18, 2014
George gets an OkCupid message from an ex who dumped & doesn't remember him. George goes on the date so HE can dump HER. She dumps him again— Modern Seinfeld (@SeinfeldToday) December 12, 2013
2. OpenMicComic I think I've figured out who runs this anonymous account that snarkily boils down the hacky premises, bitterness and delusion of life as an open miker, but I haven't even asked for confirmation because it's so much better to think of it as everyone's shitty open mic experience.
I don't know if I wanna do stand-up or act or write or do sketch or improv. But this is the year I make it.— Open Mic Comic (@OpenMicComic) January 1, 2014
3. Yassir Lester - Yassir's Twitter bio could just read RIDICULOUS IGNORANT SHIT and it'd be right. The fact that Yassir's a smart, funny, self-deprecating comedian adds an extra level of enjoyment. Just be forewarned, he tweets in bursts of dozens, but if someone's gonna clog up your feed, Yassir's worth it.
For real why don't people just lie on their resumes and just say they went to college? I don't care because I'm a drug dealer, but still— Yassir Lester (@Yassir_Lester) January 19, 2014
4. Tony Hinchcliffe - I get all my news about dead celebrities thanks to Tony's (not) too-soon roast tweets about them.
Just read a poll that in a hypothetical 2016 presidential run Hillary Clinton and Chris Christie are neck and necks.— Tony Hinchcliffe (@TonyHinchcliffe) December 26, 2013
5. Sandy Danto - Despair and snappy one-liners from the most huggable man in comedy.
Me? Just listening to classical music while reading timeless literature. Definitely not masturbating with my dog at my feet.— sandy danto (@SandyDanto) January 18, 2014
6. Melissa Villasenor - A charming mix of silly jokes, fun Vines, art and delightful emotional vulnerability.
Stop dreaming/thinking and DO IT!! ... (I meant your goals, not about sleeping with someone that doesn't care about your soul.)— Melissa Villasenor (@melissavpees) January 18, 2014
7. Kirk Fox Kills it. That is all.
I'm more comfortable asking a friend for a ride to the airport than a retweet.— Kirk Fox (@kirkfox) January 17, 2014
8. Lance Cantstopolis - Fahim Anwar's terrible macho lame alter ego has his own Twitter account!
Hit gym hard today. If not find me funny tonight have to at least respect my definition.— LanceCantstopolis (@LCantstopolis) January 18, 2014
9. Mike Lawrence - "I look like the internet come to life" There's a reason Mike's a repeat standout on @midnight, his Twitter is awesome. As I tend to like, there's a good dose of hilarious bitterness and despair running through it and he also has running hatred for various pop cultural artifacts like Low Winter Sun and American Hustle.
Just turned 31 but don't look a day past the 10th year of a prison sentence.— Mike Lawrence (@TheMikeLawrence) January 14, 2014
10. Sean O'Connor Adorable, sometimes sad, often very absurd. Always a pleasure.
I would like to go on Shark Tank with a machine that is obviously used for fucking but just talk about how it makes coffee.— sean oconnor (@seanoconnz) January 19, 2014
11. Sarah Tiana - You like hot chicks who actually know and love sports? Then Tiana's the gal for you. I picked a non-sports tweet below because I don't know anything about sports.
Refilling my birth control only reminds me that I sleep with a full body pillow.— Sarah Tiana (@sarahtiana) January 13, 2014
12. Joseph P Larkin - I like to let other people do the hating I don't have in my own heart, so that's about a quarter of what you get with the JPL twitter experience. There's also random non-sequitors, thinly veiled subtweets about other comedians and live tweets of strange drug trips. Oh, and sadness. Lots and lots of sadness.
It was Professor Plum who came to snuff The Rooster in the library with the candlestick.— Joseph P. Larkin (@WhiteMale) January 18, 2014
13. Marcella Arguello - Marcella's shit is hilarious and I'm not even gonna try to describe it because she'll just have a way better sassy retort, anyway.
"But officer driving is boring, I have to look at my Instagram in order to keep my eyes open." - some white girl somewhere.— Marcella Arguello (@marcellacomedy) January 18, 2014
14. Pete Cornacchione - Pete has been one of my favorite tweeters for years now and he's finally actually doing stand-up so I can put him on this list. Sharp, well-written, often potentially offensive jokes all day, every day.
They say diamonds are a girl's best friend but in my experience some obnoxiously drunk cockblocking whore is a girl's best friend.— Pete C (@peteec) January 4, 2014